If you love small teams that create outsize changes in our world, you’ll love Indee.
Indee helps the largest Hollywood studios and production companies market and promote their shows and movies securely before they release. Think of us as SSL for unreleased movies and TV shows. Our service is used by large & medium sized studios and Oscar award judges. Our clients include film companies from around the world including 20th Century Fox, CBS, Star TV, Warner Bros and hundreds of others.
We are funded and profitable.
We are looking for a strong mobile app developer who welcomes a challenging engineering and design environment. . The primary focus will be to implement terrific user experiences for video playing apps that ensure the security of our customers’ content while providing a seamless experience for viewers.
You will be working with our candid and collaborative team, where your knowledge and application of cutting-edge mobile technologies will address our customers’ needs in the media space. You’ll also help ensure solid application performance and an excellent user experience.
At Indee, we value speed from concept to shipping immensely. Expect to ship to production within your first week on the job. As long as your code is implemented cleanly and passes the test to meet our high quality expectations, it’ll go out within a day or two.
- Developing new features and user interfaces from wireframe models
- Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application
- Writing clean, performant, readable, and testable code
- Engaging with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and industry leading solutions
- Building features using the lean methodology, be familiar with quick prototyping and MVPs for quick launches
- Handle deployment automation/configuration management
- Document, review, code and provide feedback on technical designs
- Extensive knowledge about mobile app development. This includes the whole process, from the first line of code to publishing in the store(s)
- Deep knowledge of iOS (bonus points for familiarity with Android)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and mobile libraries for networking (Retrofit, axios, Alamofire, etc)
- Familiarity with the JSON format
- Security is crucial - You understand security concepts and technologies deeply and write code to protect us and our users
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns—MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture—and the ability to choose the best solution for the app
- Familiarity with the workings of HTTP and TCP/IP
- Understanding mobile app design guidelines on each platform and being aware of their differences
- You ship fast. Speed is in your blood. Except when you are driving in Bangalore. (Whatever you build on Monday is likely to be available to the world by Friday)
- When it comes to building stuff you think about past, present and future
- Any open source contribution is a huge plus
- Knowledge of agile and lean way of doing things is a huge benefit
Engineering at Indee
At Indee, everyone’s an engineer at heart. We were founded by engineers and it shows. If you love to work with designers and marketing teams that follow a numbers based approach to everything - you’ll love our team. We take great pride in our work, and identify strongly with the following characteristics:
We're leaders who love to speak and write about our work, you will be working with a small and very competent team.
A core part of our engineering culture is inclusiveness: We want to accommodate people from all backgrounds, we love the misfits and the geeks, the quiet achievers and the obsessive freaks.
- We endeavor never to hire idiots that will frustrate our work environment.
- Stock options.
- 20 days of PTO.
- Daily catered lunches and dinners if you’re working late.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Constant supply of snacks, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages and the occasional evening (cough) "drinks".
- Any equipment you need, productivity shouldn't have a speed bump.
- We encourage training and will pay for travel and accommodation for conferences.
- Paid online courses for your skill development.
- You can conduct startup events.
- NERF guns to shoot down any teammate who's being annoying.
- You can wear anything you want. The only rule - you HAVE TO wear something!.
- Several team outings each month.